Peonies and Salt-Washed Shores

As I lament the seasonal passing of the Peony and Ranuncula for 2015, I thought they could linger on here. Some of my brides are as passionate about Peonies as I am, even planning the date of their wedding to include these lovelies.

Toes dipped in the salty shores with carefree abandonment; the sound of the waves and a gentle breeze that ruffles the petals of these wonderful blooms; momentarily releasing a gentle fragrance before being carried off in the wind. Of such things memories are made. As the years pass, each time our beautiful brides catch the scent of these darlings, they will be carried back to that oh so special day.
I so look forward to Spring and blossoming of the first Ranunculas. As their delicate petals unfold they become like the layers in a ballerina's tutu. Love the tiny little Ranuncula buds woven through spray roses. 
It is a little difficult to see here but for this styling I have placed the flowers against a background of some of my paintings. I love this effect, as they become integrated one with another; both paintings and florals taking on a new intensity of life.   
Gill Stewart
July 2015

Comments

Popular Posts